Thomas Enhco & Vassilena Serafimova – Bach Mirror (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/88,2 kHz | Time – 57:04 minutes | 943 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Masterworks
On the album “Bach Mirror” the French pianist Thomas Enhco and marimba player Vassilena Serafimova give well-known and less well-known works by Johann Sebastian Bach an innovative sound. Pieces such as the Prelude No. 2 from the Well-Tempered Clavier or the Air from the orchestral suite No. 3 sound new and fresh in the unusual instrumentation of piano and marimba. With their sound painting arrangements, Thomas Enhco and Vassilena Serafimova expose Bach’s harmonic-melodic work structures and enable the audience to gain new perspectives on the architecture of his unique compositions.
For the pianist Thomas Enhco there are no musical limits. He studied classical music and piano improvisation at the Paris Conservatory in order to find his own way between classical and jazz like his great role models Keith Jarrett and Bill Evans. In 2013 he was awarded the “Victoires du Jazz” – the French Grammy – for his unique style. In 2020, the no less renowned “Grand Prix du Jazz” of the French music authors’ association SACEM followed.
Vassilena Serafimova was born into a family of musicians and is considered one of the best marimba players of her generation. She took second place in the international ARD music competition and first place in the 5th international marimba competition in Stuttgart.
1. Avalanche (04:28)
2. Miroirs (03:26)
3. Fire Dance (04:13)
4. Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring, BWV 147 (Arr. for Piano & Xylophone) (04:09)
5. Vortex (05:00)
6. Organ Sonata No. 3 in D Minor, BWV 527: III. Vivace (Arr. for Piano & Xylophone) (03:41)
7. Chaconne (05:52)
8. Violin Sonata in A Major, BWV 1015: Allegro assai (Arr. for Piano & Xylophone) (06:23)
9. Silence (05:33)
10. Cantata 208: No. 9, Sheep May Safely Graze (Arr. for Piano & Xylophone) (04:36)
11. Sur la route (On the Name of Bach) (02:59)
12. Air (After Air on the G String) (04:08)
13. Reflets (02:36)