The Nashville String Band – The Nashville String Band (1969)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/192 kHz | Time – 28:50 minutes | 1,13 GB | Genre: Country
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © RCA – Legacy
The Nashville String Band is the 1969 debut album by The Nashville String Band. The band consisted of Chet Atkins and Homer and Jethro. Atkins produced many of Homer and Jethro’s later RCA albums and they in turn performed on a number of his.
They released six albums on the RCA label.
Get ready for a romp in a whole new world. Lay aside all previous notions you may have had of what Nashville music is all about and step into the bright new world of The Nashville String Band. With this album you are present at the sparkling moment of creation of an even newer “Nashville Sound.”
Some of the world’s best stringed instrument players— “pickers,” if you will—have created it for you. The pickers heard here wear many hats, but they share one thing in common : their expertise with stringed instruments. Each of the players is recognized as master of his instrument, be it mandolin, lead guitar or rhythm guitar. They can double easily on the sitar or any of a dozen other stringed instruments.
Most of all, they bring heady, new arrangements to great favorites from the world’s musical ménage. Here is Yellow Bird in its most brilliant plumage yet. The beautiful, tiled city of Granada never shone more brightly, and La Golondrina, the swallow, never soared to such heights!
Byron William’s greatest work, La Fiesta, is imbued with life and luster.
The great country-music standards El Paso, Adios Amigos and Caribbean have seldom been treated to such compassionate and understanding technique.
Most of these songs were born of the folk tradition of the countries of their origin. One was written by a wandering street musician. Perhaps it is only logical that they receive their most sympathetic treatment from The Nashville String Band—itself rooted in the folk tradition of America.
01. The Nashville String Band – La Fiesta (02:33)
02. The Nashville String Band – Yellow Bird (03:20)
03. The Nashville String Band – El Paso (02:51)
04. The Nashville String Band – Granada (02:54)
05. The Nashville String Band – Adios Amigos (02:30)
06. The Nashville String Band – La Golondrina (01:55)
07. The Nashville String Band – Caribbean (02:26)
08. The Nashville String Band – Tomorrow’s Tears (Morir Un Poco) (02:10)
09. The Nashville String Band – Maria Elena (03:21)
10. The Nashville String Band – Drina (02:36)
11. The Nashville String Band – In a Little Spanish Town (02:14)