The Doors – Paris Blues (2022)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 43:09 minutes | 436 MB | Genre: Rock
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Rhino – Elektra
A compilation of The Doors’ greatest live blues recordings both in the studio and on the stage. Featuring the never-before-released track “Paris Blues” and original artwork created for this release by Robby Krieger.
Released as part of Record Store Day’s Black Friday event, the main frisson here of this limited release (10,000 copies) is the last (apparently) unreleased studio recording by The Doors. Paris Blues was part of what Jim Morrison called the “blues day” that produced Cars Hiss By My Window, Crawling King Snake and L.A. Woman but stayed in the vault since neither Robby Krieger (“not a great tune”) nor the late Ray Manzarek (“nothing special”) deemed it worthy of rescue.*Jim Morrison and Robby Krieger performing as a duo at a benefit for Norman Mailer‘s mayoral campaign on May 31st, 1969 in West Hollywood.
**1969 Soft Parade outtakes. In 2019, bass by Robert DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots was added to the songs, which were included on Rhino’s 50th anniversary edition of the album.
***with Albert King – Recorded June 6, 1970 at Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC, Canada
01. The Doors – Paris Blues (05:57)
02. The Doors – I Will Never Be Untrue (03:05)
03. The Doors – Me And The Devil Blues (03:00)
04. The Doors – (You Need Meat) Don’T No Go Further (04:29)
05. The Doors – I’M Your Doctor (03:57)
06. The Doors – Jim’s Introduction (01:54)
07. The Doors – Little Red Rooster (06:23)
08. The Doors – Rock Me Baby (06:37)
09. The Doors – Who Do You Love? (07:47)