Stefano Bollani – El Chakracanta (Live in Buenos Aires) (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 01:05:19 minutes | 655 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Legacy Recordings
El Chakracanta, Stefano Bollani’s new dynamic live album with two original works of his for piano and orchestra and two tangos by Ástor Piazzolla and Horacio Salgán.
Bollani’s “Concerto Azzurro” (2017) and “Concerto Verde” (2019), each classically structured in four movements of distinct character of melody and rhythm, are informed by Bollani’s jazz genius, favouring moments that disobey the rules that demand that a pianist shall stick to the rigorously immutable score. “Concerto Azzurro” [Azure Concerto] was commissioned by Kristjan Järvi and the MDR Leipzig Radio Symphony Orchestra. Azure is the colour of the fifth chakra, associated with self-expression and communication. “Concerto Verde” [Green Concerto] refers to the colour of the fourth chakra, associated with love. Both concertos were recorded live in Buenos Aires: “Azzurro” at Centro Cultural Kirchner on 17th June 2018; and “Verde”, next to Piazzolla’s “Libertango” and Salgán’s “Don Agustin Bardi”, at Teatro Coliseo on 19th June 2019. With Bollani (piano) and the Orquesta Sin Fin, directed by Exequiel Mantega.
01. Stefano Bollani – Don Agustín Bardi (Live) (03:35)
02. Stefano Bollani – Concerto Azzurro: Prologue (Live) (02:57)
03. Stefano Bollani – Concerto Azzurro: First Movement (Live) (14:47)
04. Stefano Bollani – Concerto Azzurro: Second Movement (Live) (07:55)
05. Stefano Bollani – Concerto Azzurro: Third Movement (Live) (07:11)
06. Stefano Bollani – Libertango (Live) (04:31)
07. Stefano Bollani – Concerto Verde: First Movement (Live) (05:56)
08. Stefano Bollani – Concerto Verde: Second Movement (Live) (06:15)
09. Stefano Bollani – Concerto Verde: Third Movement (Live) (04:06)
10. Stefano Bollani – Concerto Verde: Fourth Movement (Live) (08:02)