Sreten Krstic – Haas, Renner & Reger – Works for Violin & Organ (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/96kHz | Time – 50:56 minutes | 919 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © TYXart
One can only do justice to Joseph Haas’ oeuvre by judging it by what he himself said about the purpose of music: “Music is to delight, not offend; it is to shake up, not shatter; it is to refine, not trivialize”. Together with Paul Hindemith and Heinrich Burkard, Joseph Haas co-founded the “Donaueschinger internationale Kammermusikfeste f”ur Neue Musik” (Donaueschingen International Chamber Music Festival for New Music) in 1921. The works show the mastery of variation and the peculiarities of the compositional style of Joseph Haas.
Joseph Renner studied organ and composition with Joseph Rheinberger in Munich and worked mainly in Regensburg/Bavaria. He was particularly appreciated by his contemporaries as a composer of spiritual and organ works. Der geigende Eremit from Max Reger’s B”ocklin-Suite as program music can be heard on this album, as one of his best-known works, and from the point of view of its content it is almost suitable for a version for violin and organ.
These works for violin and organ, and organ solo, by Joseph Haas (1879-1960), Max Reger (1873-1916) and Josef Renner, jun. (1868-1934) are very interesting musical oeuvres, interpreted by internationally well-known artists Sreten Krstic, Violin, Norbert D”uchtel and Ludwig Schmitt, Organ.
1. Sreten Krstic – Kirchensonate No. 1 in F Major, Op. 62 No. 1
2. Norbert Duchtel – No. 33, Valet will ich dir geben
3. Norbert Duchtel – No. 31, Straf mich nicht
4. Norbert Duchtel – No. 26, O Jesu Christ, meines Lebens Licht – Ach bleib bei uns, Herr Jesu Christ
5. Sreten Krstic – Aria nach dem Choralvorspiel “O Mensch bewein dein S”unde gross” (After J.S. Bach’s BWV 622) [Arr. for Violin & Organ]
6. Ludwig Schmitt – Praeludium No. 11 in E Major
7. Sreten Krstic – II. Canzone (Arr. for Violin & Organ)
8. Sreten Krstic – No. 1, Der geigende Eremit (Arr. for Violin & Organ)
9. Norbert Duchtel – No. 3, Aus meines Herzens Grunde
10. Norbert Duchtel – No. 4, Aus tiefer Not schrie ich zu dir
11. Norbert Duchtel – No. 13, Herzliebster Jesu
12. Sreten Krstic – Interludium in F Major, Op. 85
13. Norbert Duchtel – No. 21, Nun danket alle Gott
14. Norbert Duchtel – No. 17, Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier
15. Norbert Duchtel – No. 34, Vom Himmel hoch, da komm ich her
16. Norbert Duchtel – No. 35, Was Gott tut, das ist wohlgetan
17. Sreten Krstic – Kirchensonate No. 2 in D Minor, Op. 62 No. 2