Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Rhapsody of Virtuosity (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/44,1kHz | Time – 01:05:22 minutes | 645 MB | Genre: World
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Solo Musica
In 1984 the Austrian chansonnier, guitarist and author Peter Horton and the German-Bulgarian concert pianist Slava Kantcheff met and fell in love. A human and musical journey of decades to this day, which began in 1985 on the occasion of an appearance on Thomas Gottschalk’s TV show “Na Sowas” with the piece “Freaky Fingers”, worked out within a week and then they threw themselves into the live broadcast. They then appear in almost all renowned TV shows at home and abroad.
Within a short space of time, a concert repertoire was created that, for the first time in music history, combined the acoustic instruments guitar and piano both in terms of composition and interpretation as an equal body of sound: a unique tonal language that is characteristic of the virtuoso duo. The compositions by Peter are concertante manual work full of virtuosity, poetry and tenderness with all the spices of popular world music and the input of classical music. In 1986 the artist couple married for the first time.
Peter about Slava:
A piano virtuoso of unusual assertiveness and strength of soul, from perseverance to the point of falling over when it comes to working on new works. What she takes under her fingers fills her with her soul. In terms of taste and style, it is of unshakable security and beauty. So she provides me with a valuable counterpart when I compose for us. For me, a concert with Slava is “professionally” the highest level of fulfillment!
Slava about Peter:
When I first heard him on stage, I experienced a rare fusion of guitarist, poet and chansonnier. The values tumbled in my head because I felt that his music was the natural continuation of the claim of classical music. Peter’s almost Brazilian feeling for rhythm radiates an indescribable pleasure from making music together.
1. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Freaky Fingers (03:31)
2. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Aufstand der Regenschirme (03:40)
3. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Rock on Wood (04:19)
4. Peter Horton, Slava Kantcheff & Kuno Schmid – Melody for Slava (05:11)
5. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Toccata for a Blue Chicken (03:35)
6. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Tokyo (05:44)
7. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Moon Over Sinai (04:38)
8. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Les Feuilles Mortes (06:02)
9. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Pink Bananas (02:17)
10. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Cosmic Guitarman (04:36)
11. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Vitalit”at (02:57)
12. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Concerto Korsakoff (02:27)
13. Peter Horton, Slava Kantcheff & Andreas Keller – Comme d’habitude (My Way) (05:27)
14. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Markt in Bahia (04:33)
15. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Feuerfinger (03:44)
16. Peter Horton & Slava Kantcheff – Tu felix Austria (02:41)