Ning Feng – Virtuosismo: Paganini & Vieuxtemps (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/192 kHz | Time – 01:08:17 minutes | 2,15 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Channel Classics Records
From his first spectacular performance the eleven-year-old violin prodigy Niccolò Paganini took Italy and the rest of Europe by storm. His success as a virtuoso was due both to his mysterious, demonic aura and to his unsurpassed technique, with countless double stops, flageolets, pizzicatos, and his habit of playing only on the G string. Many considered him to be the best violinist of their age. We are proud to have violinist Ning Feng, hailed for his great lyricism, innate musicality and stunning virtuosity and blessed with an impeccable technique and a silken tone, perform Paganini’s virtuosic violin concerto in D major.
Another child prodigy of that time was Henry Vieuxtemps, who enjoyed an outstanding career as a violinist from the age of six, studying in Vienna and Paris and touring Europe, Russia and the USA. The concerto No. 4 in D minor was his own favourite concerto.
1. Violin Concerto no. 1 in D Major, Opus 6: I. Allegro Maestoso – Tempo Giusto
2. Violin Concerto no. 1 in D Major, Opus 6: II. Adagio
3. Violin Concerto no. 1 in D Major, Opus 6: III. Rondo: Allegro Spirituoso – Un Poco Piu Presto
4. Violin Concerto no. 4 in D Minor, Opus 31: I. Andante – Moderato – Cadenza
5. Violin Concerto no. 4 in D Minor, Opus 31: II. Adagio Religioso
6. Violin Concerto no. 4 in D Minor, Opus 31: III. Scherzo: Vivace – Trio: Meno Mosso – Tempo I
7. Violin Concerto no. 4 in D Minor, Opus 31: IV. Finale Marziale: Andante – Allegro
Ning Feng (violin)
Orquesta Sinfónica del Principado de Asturias
Rossen Milanov (conductor)