Nicolas Horvath – Glass: Glassworlds, Vol. 6 (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:18:17 minutes | 1,32 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Grand Piano
In weaving America’s native culture and history, Philip Glass has created his own musical lineage. This album explores these ideas through his single most demanding piano piece, the ferocious, but lyrically meditative “Piano Concerto No. 2” (after Lewis and Clark), as well as one of his most neglected, the mysterious “A Secret Solo 2”. “Wichita Vortex Sutra”, a joyful and transcendent study, is also heard in the version for narrator, with words by the poet Allen Ginsberg. From his experimental years comes “Music in Contrary Motion” with its mesmerising variety of pulse patterns.
Nicolas Horvath began his music studies at Monaco’s Académie de Musique et de Théâtre Prince Rainier III and soon began to make an impression on a number of artists who would become his mentors. Aged 16 he caught the attention of the American conductor Lawrence Foster before coming to the notice of several distinguished international pianists, including Liszt specialist Leslie Howard. He is the recipient of numerous awards, including First Prize at both the Scriabin and the Luigi Nono International Competitions. He has become noted for hosting concerts of unusual length, sometimes lasting over twelve hours, such as the overnight performance of the complete piano music of Erik Satie at the Paris Philharmonie before a cumulative audience of 14,000 people. In 2019 he performed alongside Philip Glass at the same venue in a programme devoted to the American composer’s piano music. Nicolas is a Steinway Artist.
01. Piano Concerto No. 2 “After Lewis & Clark” (Arr. P. Barnes for Piano): I. The Vision
02. Piano Concerto No. 2 “After Lewis & Clark” (Arr. P. Barnes for Piano): II. Sacagawea
03. Piano Concerto No. 2 “After Lewis & Clark” (Arr. P. Barnes for Piano): III. The Land
04. Appomattox (Excerpts Arr. for Piano): Not Ten Years Back
05. Appomattox (Excerpts Arr. for Piano): The President Has Had a Dream
06. Appomattox (Excerpts Arr. for Piano): War Is Always Sorrowful
07. Wichita Vortex Sutra (Version for Piano)
08. Music in Contrary Motion
09. A Secret Solo 2
10. Wichita Vortex Sutra (Version for Voice & Piano)