Nicholas Payton – Smoke Sessions (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/96kHz | Time – 01:07:17 minutes | 1,34 GB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Smoke Sessions
Every musician has that short list of musicians they’ve always dreamed of working with to bring a recording to life. For multi-instrumentalist and composer Nicholas Payton, one of those dreams has come true with his latest album Smoke Sessions.
In Payton’s formative years, Miles Davis’s 1966 album ‘Four’ & More, recorded live at Lincoln Center’s Philharmonic Hall, left a profound impression on how he views music. Legendary bassist Ron Carter played on that recording and has now joined Payton for his new recording coming out at the end of October on the label of the same name.
Payton, now 48, says Carter’s playing not only inspired him over the years, but has also laid the blueprint for what Payton looks for in a bassist.
1. Nicholas Payton – Hangin’ and a Jivin’
2. Nicholas Payton – Big George
3. Nicholas Payton – Levin’s Lope
4. Nicholas Payton – No Lonely Nights
5. Nicholas Payton – Lullaby for a Lamppost (for Danny Barker), Pt. 1
6. Nicholas Payton – Lullaby for a Lamppost (for Danny Barker), Pt. 2
7. Nicholas Payton – Q for Quincy Jones
8. Nicholas Payton – Gold Dust Black Magic
9. Nicholas Payton – Turn-a-Ron
10. Nicholas Payton – Toys