Luther Allison – Montreux 1976 (2017/2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/44,1kHz | Time – 53:46 minutes | 390 MB | Genre: Blues
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Ruf Records GmbH
This live set is a definite answer to the questions often asked by fans and journalists during Luther Allison’s triumphal ‘comeback’ tours through the U.S. in 1995 and 1996 (Luther Allison enjoyed a five-award triumph at the 17th annual W.C. Handy Awards, the blues world’s equivalent of the Grammys: Best Blues Song -‘Watching You’, Best Blues Album – ‘Blue Streak’, Best Male Blues Artist, Best Guitarist, Best Entertainer).
“Where have you been, LUTHER?”
The answer is: “Europe” and definitely working hard!
Luther Allison started working in Europe in 1976, the year Motown released his third album for the Gordy label, Night Life. The very first tour began with a furious performance at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Switzerland, which is featured on this digital set!
1. Luther Allison – Introduction (Live)
2. Luther Allison – Gambler’s Blues (Live)
3. Luther Allison – Sweet Home Chicago (Live)
4. Luther Allison – The Bum is Mine (Live)
5. Luther Allison – Same Thing (Live)
6. Luther Allison – Easy Baby (Live)
7. Luther Allison – Bloomington Closing (Live)
8. Luther Allison – Little Red Rooster (Live)