Ludovic Tezier – Verdi (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:21:59 minutes | 1,37 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front cover | © Sony Classical
Ludovic Tézier trained at the Paris Opéra’s École d’art lyrique and at the Centre National d’Artistes Lyriques. He was a prize winner at Operalia, The World Opera Competition in 1998. He made his debut with the Lucerne Opera and then joined Opéra National de Lyon where he sang the title role in Mozart’s Don Giovanni and the Count in the same composer’s Le Nozze di Figaro, as well as in Donizetti’s Don Pasquale and L’elisir d’amore. Tézier has appeared at many of the world’s opera houses in a repertoire including works by Verdi, Wagner, Massenet, and Puccini. He has given solo recitals and appeared in concerts in Vienna, Strasbourg, Paris and other cities and has made numerous recordings and DVDs of operas and other musical works. Tézier was awarded the Chevalier de l’ordre des arts et des lettres.
It was time for Ludovic Tézier to finally provide his admirers with a recital. His performances as a Verdian baritone are impressive: Rigoletto, Simon Boccanegra, Falstaff, Giorgio Germont (La Traviata), Posa (Don Carlo), Le Conte De Luna (Il Trovatore), Renato (Un ballo in maschera), Iago (Otello). And almost all of these are reprised in this solo album.
To this impressive list of stage roles, Tézier brings the welcome addition of arias from Ernani, Macbeth and Nabucco all accompanied by Frédéric Chaslin at the head of the orchestra of the Teatro Comunale in Bologna. It was in 1998 in Tel Aviv that the French baritone played his first Verdian role. He was thirty years old when he was Ford in a production of Falstaff.
“There is an absolutely fascinating energy in Verdi, both for the audience and for the singers”, he admits. “His roles are usually very challenging, but his music acts at the same time as a fountain of youth. Verdi is brimming with vitality, which is what allowed me to return to the stage just two days after my father’s death”.
Now with a fully-matured voice, Ludovic Tézier is in demand all over the world for his Verdi roles. He is one of the best performers of Verdi’s work, standing alongside the late Piero Cappuccilli who remains his great role model. This record offers timely confirmation of his stature. – François Hudry
1. Ludovic Tezier – La forza del destino, Act III, Scene 2: Morir! Tremenda cosa
2. Ludovic Tezier – Don Carlos, Act IV, Scene 2: Carlos, écoute
3. Ludovic Tezier – Ernani, Act III, Scene 2: Gran Dio! Costor sui sepolcrali marmi
4. Ludovic Tezier – Ernani, Act II, Scene 10: Vieni meco, sol di rose
5. Ludovic Tezier – Falstaff, Act II, Scene 1: È sogno? O realtà?
6. Ludovic Tezier – Il trovatore, Act II, Scene 2: Tutto è deserto
7. Ludovic Tezier – La traviata, Act II, Scene 1: Di Provenza il mar, il suol
8. Ludovic Tezier – Macbeth, Act IV, Scnene 5: Perfidi! All’anglo contro me v’unite! … Pietà, rispetto, amore
9. Ludovic Tezier – Nabucco, Act IV, Scene 1: Dio di Giuda!
10. Ludovic Tezier – Otello, Act II, Scene 2: Credo in un Dio crudel
11. Ludovic Tezier – Rigoletto, Act II, Scene 2: Cortigiani, vil razza dannata
12. Ludovic Tezier – Un ballo in maschera, Act I, Scene 1: Alla vita che t’arride
13. Ludovic Tezier – Un ballo in maschera, Act III, Scene 1: Alzati! Là tuo figlio … Eri tu che macciavi quell’anima
14. Ludovic Tezier – Don Carlo, Act IV, Scene 2: O Carlo, ascolta