Joan Armatrading – Me Myself I (1980/2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/96kHz | Time – 35:43 minutes | 687 MB | Genre: Pop
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © A&M
Me Myself I is the sixth studio album by British recording artist Joan Armatrading. Released in May 1980, the album was Armatrading’s highest ever chart placing both in the UK (number 5) and in the US (number 28). In Australia, the album peaked at number 13. It was certified “Gold” in the UK by the BPI in July 1980.
On the trio of albums that made her reputation in 1976-1978, Joan Armatrading, Show Some Emotion, and To the Limit, Armatrading relied on the pristine production of Glyn Johns to underscore the sensitivity of her folk-based confessional songs. Here, on her first full-length album in two years, she turned to rock producer Richard Gottehrer and a session band that included Anton Fig, Chris Spedding, and members of the E Street Band, making her case for being a mainstream rocker. The songs were less serious, too, notably the title track, a U.K. hit. (The album’s other British chart single was the ballad “All the Way from America,” which was more in the style of her earlier work.) The result was the best-selling album Armatrading has ever had in either the U.S. or U.K. – William Ruhlmann
1. Joan Armatrading – Me Myself I
2. Joan Armatrading – Ma Me O Beach
3. Joan Armatrading – Friends
4. Joan Armatrading – Is It Tomorrow Yet?
5. Joan Armatrading – Turn Out The Light
6. Joan Armatrading – When You Kisses Me
7. Joan Armatrading – All The Way From America
8. Joan Armatrading – Feeling In My Heart (For You)
9. Joan Armatrading – Simon
10. Joan Armatrading – I Need You