Jacob Kellermann – Rodrigo, Coll & Harden – Guitar Works (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:03:18 minutes | 1,04 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © BIS
Inspired by Miles Davis’s legendary album Sketches of Spain, this project intend to conjure up Spain ‘as if through a prism – as a concept rather than a place’. Guitarist Jacob Kellermann and conductor Christian Karlsen worked with hyped young composers Francisco Coll and Pete Harden, who have each contributed a concertante work for guitar and ensemble. With Turia, Coll has returned to his roots – the dried-out river that once flowed through his (and Rodrigo’s) hometown Valencia. He has described it as his most ‘flamenco-colored’ work so far, intended to ‘evoke the light and the respective shadows’ of Spain. em>Turia is followed by two classics of Spanish music: Manuel de Falla’s Homenaje for solo guitar and Evocación by Isaac Albéniz, here in Karlsen’s atmospheric arrangement for ensemble.
The last word on the recording goes to British composer Pete Harden. His affinity to jazz and non-classical tradition shine through Solace and Shimmer, which is based on the same chords that underpins Rodrigo’s Adagio. Kellermann enjoys strong support by the London Philharmonic Orchestra (in Concierto de Aranjuez) and the seven members of Norrbotten NEO.
1. Jacob Kellermann – I. Allegro con spirito
2. Jacob Kellermann – II. Adagio
3. Jacob Kellermann – III. Allegro gentile
4. Jacob Kellermann – Turia: I. Quarter Note = 82
5. Jacob Kellermann – Turia: II. Quarter Note = 120
6. Jacob Kellermann – Turia: III. Quarter Note = 52
7. Jacob Kellermann – Turia: IV. Quarter Note = 60
8. Jacob Kellermann – Turia: V. Dotted Quarter Note = 60
9. Jacob Kellermann – Homenaje (Le tombeau de Debussy) [Version for Guitar]
10. Jacob Kellermann – No. 1, Evocación (Arr. C. Karlsen for Chamber Ensemble)
11. Jacob Kellermann – Solace & Shimmer