Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Minne (2022)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/192 kHz | Time – 44:45 minutes | 1,66 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © PentaTone
Holland Baroque presents Minne, an improvised programme inspired by the love poetry of medieval mystic Hadewijch from Brabant. Hadewijch was a 13th-century beguine who wrote an impressive oeuvre of love poetry, providing an original, female perspective on medieval life. For this project, Holland Baroque works together with Bastarda Trio, a folk-jazz group combining the unique sonorities of clarinet, cello and contrabass clarinet. Inspired by medieval poetry, the result is a playful, passionate, truly contemporary album.
Holland Baroque is an original and innovative baroque orchestra that approaches baroque repertoire through a fresh and contemporary approach, with a focus on improvisation and collaborations with outstanding artists from different traditions. Minne is their fourth PENTATONE album, after having released Brabant 1653, Polonoise (both 2021) and Silk Baroque (2019) with the label. Bastarda Trio makes its PENTATONE debut.
01. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Bastarda: Gaude (After Anonymous Gaudeamus Omnes) (04:30)
02. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Steenbrink: Introduction for Chamber Ensemble (02:52)
03. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Steenbrink: Orewoet (06:41)
04. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Bastarda: Nigra sum (After G. Palestrina) (04:15)
05. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Steenbrink: Spiritus sanctus (After H. Bingen’s D 157r) (03:40)
06. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Isaac: O decus ecclesiae: No. 2, Te laudant omnes (Arr. J. Steenbrink & Bastarda for Chamber Ensemble) (04:29)
07. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Anonymous: Media vita (Arr. J. Steenbrink for Chamber Ensemble) (08:40)
08. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Franck: Geistliche gesäng und melodeyen: No. 19, Er küsse mich (Arr. J. Steenbrink for Chamber Ensemble) (03:32)
09. Holland Baroque & Bastarda Trio – Steenbrink: Minne (06:01)