Henryk Szeryng – Saint-Saëns: Violin Concerto No. 3; Havanaise; Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso (Remastered) (2018)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 45:57 minutes | 932 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Decca Music Group Ltd.
As a young boy he was trained by his mother to play piano but later decided to exchange the instrument for the violin. In 1928, convinced by Bronisław Huberman (a friend of the family), Szeryng went to Berlin to study under Karl Flesch. His debut concert took place in Warsaw in 1933 when he performed Ludwig van Beethoven’s Violin Concerto in D major with Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Bruno Walter. In the same year he played in Bucharest, Vienna, and Paris, achieving acclaim both from the audience and the critics. In the years 1933-1939 the artist continued to learn violin under Jacques Thibaud and Gabriel Bouillon and studied composition under Nadia Boulanger.
1. Violin Concerto No. 3 in B minor, Op. 61 : 1. Allegro non troppo 08:25
2. Violin Concerto No. 3 in B minor, Op. 61 : 2. Andantino quasi allegretto 07:23
3. Violin Concerto No. 3 in B minor, Op. 61 : 3. Molto moderato e maestoso 10:59
4. Havanaise, Op. 83, R. 202 09:40
5. Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 28, R. 188 09:30
Henryk Szeryng, violin
Orchestre National de l Opera de Monte-Carlo
Eduard van Remoortel, conductor