Gary Karr – Adagio D’Albinoni (1982) [Japan 2014]
SACD Rip | SACD ISO | DSD64 2.0 > 1-bit/2.8224 MHz | 36:14 minutes | Scans included | 1,63 GB
or FLAC(converted with foobar2000 to tracks) 24bit/88,2 kHz | Full Scans included | 832 MB
Gary Karr, acclaimed as “the world’s leading solo bassist”, is, in fact, the first solo doublebassist in history to make that pursuit a full-time career. It is a career that adds new lustre to his already lustrous 1611 Amati doublebass which was given to him by the widow of Serge Koussevitzky. Since his debut with Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic in 1962, Karr has performed as soloist on six continents with orchestras, including the Chicago Symphony, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Hong Kong Philharmonic, Montreal Symphony, Simon Bolivar Orchestra (Caracas, Venezuela), Jerusalem Symphony, Oslo Philharmonic, Zurich Chamber Orchestra, and with all the major orchestras of Australia. Gary Karr performs on this release with Harmon Lewis on pipe organ for a group of classical pieces by Beethoven, Bach, and more.
01. Tomaso Albinoni, Remo Giazotto: Adagio in G minor
02. Ludwig van Beethoven: Sonatina
03. Cesar Franck: Piece No. 5
04. George Frideric Handel: Sonata No.9 – Largo
05. George Frideric Handel: Sonata No.9 – Alla breve
06. George Frideric Handel: Sonata No.9 – Andante
07. George Frideric Handel: Sonata No.9 – Vivace
08. Johann Sebastian Bach, Charles Gounod: Ave Maria
Recorded on September 22, 1981 at the Vega Hall, Takarazuka-Shi, Japan.
Gary Karr – double bass
Harmon Lewis – organ