Ensemble Edge – Dimma – a tribute to Jan Johansson (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24bit/96kHz | Time – 01:06:45 minutes | 1,27 GB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Storyville Records
Swedish jazz-pianist Jan Johansson (1931-1968) was a musician with a distinctively courageous sense of combining several styles of music, blending jazz and folk music into his own voice. With his characteristically light touch on the piano, Johansson created a unique and melancholic sound which many listeners associate with Nordic identity and history.
On September 16th 2021 Jan Johansson would have turned 90.
If not for a tragic car accident in 1968, perhaps Johansson would have lived to experience the important musical mark his music has made upon over two generations.
This album stands as a testimony of those effects. A deeply grateful generation of singers and musicians come together across musical genres to celebrate and pay tribute to Scandinavia’s biggest jazz icon: Jan Johansson.
01. Ensemble Edge – Visa fran R”attvik
02. Ensemble Edge – Stepp, min stepp
03. Ensemble Edge – Visa fran J”arna – Lapp-Nils Polska/Berg-Kirstis Polska
04. Ensemble Edge – Klockan “ar tio slagen – Ack V”armeland
05. Ensemble Edge – Kv”allar i Moskvas f”orst”ader
06. Ensemble Edge – Mellan branta str”ander
07. Ensemble Edge – Visa fran Utanmyra
08. Ensemble Edge – Sinclairvisan (La Folia)
09. Ensemble Edge – Emigrantvisa
10. Ensemble Edge – Str”ova omkring
11. Ensemble Edge – Pa “angen stod en bj”ork
12. Ensemble Edge – Klara Stj”arnor
13. Ensemble Edge – Dimma