Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – Jours De Greve (2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 37:50 minutes | 417 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Versatile Records
Imagine Prometheus, the thief of fire, the father of civilisation, had been spellbound by the sirens chanting and never felt pain, when the eagle bit his liver. Total enchantment, created by sound to overcome the pain of existence. A sound, styled by the ideal harmony of body and soul. And yet, the pain is still there, hidden between the notes, driving a romantic vision of salvation.
If Prometheus could have translated his fictitious epiphany into singing, it might sound like Ghédalia Tazartès’s chanting in “White Layers Over Black Paper”, one of the eight snake dance tracks-not-tracks by German producer Detlef Weinrich aka Tolouse Low Trax and French singer, hurdy-gurdy, spinet and harp player Emmanuelle Parrenin. During some days of intimate plays in Paris they created “Jours de Grève”, a bouquet of music full of mirrors, eyes, statues, secret doors, rooms, and blood. With the offhanded help by friends and like-minded souls like Versatile aura mystic Gilbert Cohen, French avant-garde saxophone player Quentin Rollet and his fellow countryman, experimental voice artist Ghédalia Tazartès, they transformed in Cohen’s studio impulsive emotions into a kind of medieval cult sound that dances with tribal dub layers in search for a higher ground.
01. Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – Le Couple Coupable
02. Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – Caltec’s Dance
03. Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – While Layers Over Black Papers
04. Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – Hephaisto’s Breeze
05. Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – Gelbe Schlange
06. Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – A zombie’s Passport
07. Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – Le Souffle D’Hephaistos Attisant Le Fourneau Qui Crépite D’Impatience
08. Emmanuelle Parrenin & Detlef Weinrich – L’Incantation du Héros au Yeux Bandés