Duo Fortecello – Chopin – Piazzolla – Saint-Saëns (2022)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 01:03:25 minutes | 279 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Cascavelle
The joint programs of the Polish cellist Anna Mikulska and the French-Spanish pianist Philippe Argenty are always of a colorful lightness in their special compilation and inspired by the claim to present classical music as a contemporary form of expression. And their success proves them right. The two artists have already given concerts in renowned concert halls in France, Spain, Italy, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Norway, Poland, China and Germany.
Anna Mikulska comes from Kraków, where she studied before completing her artistic education at the “Ecole Normale” in Paris. As a soloist she has performed with the Kraków Philharmonic and the Nigel Kennedy Orchestra. Philippe Argenty studied in Perpignan, Paris and Barcelona. A major concert tour took him throughout Europe as a piano soloist with the Orchestra Barcelona Conjunt XXI. Both artists now direct several music festivals in France.
With their extensive skill, Anna Mikulska and Philippe Argenty have developed a unique way of interpretation. The duo can produce a wide range of orchestral tones, have a very natural phrasing and a keen sense of harmony. The musical arc, which is stretched by these two likeable, young artists, has moved the international press to ovations and storms of enthusiasm.
The focus of their rousing program are well-known works by Frédéric Chopin and Camille Saint-Saëns, but also by Astor Piazzolla, whose 100th birthday we are celebrating this year. One can also look forward to a composition by the contemporary composer.
01. Duo Fortecello – Chopin: Nocturne in E-Flat Major, Op. 9, No. 2 (Arr. By François Servais) (04:20)
02. Duo Fortecello – Chopin: Cello Sonata in G Minor, Op. 65: I. Allegro moderato (10:54)
03. Duo Fortecello – Chopin: Cello Sonata in G Minor, Op. 65: II. Scherzo (04:50)
04. Duo Fortecello – Chopin: Cello Sonata in G Minor, Op. 65: III. Largo (03:23)
05. Duo Fortecello – Chopin: Cello Sonata in G Minor, Op. 65: IV. Allegro (06:56)
06. Duo Fortecello – Piazzolla: Milonga del Angel (Arr. by Dario Polonara) (06:34)
07. Duo Fortecello – Piazzolla: Muerte del Angel (Arr. by Dario Polonara) (02:52)
08. Duo Fortecello – Piazzolla: Resurreccion del Angel (Arr. by Dario Polonara) (06:32)
09. Duo Fortecello – Chopin: Introduction and Polonaise brillante in C Major, Op. 3 (09:34)
10. Duo Fortecello – Saint-Saëns: Danse macabre, Op. 40 (Arr. by Anna Mikulska) (07:24)