Diana Ross – An Evening With Diana Ross (1977/2021)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/192 kHz | Time – 01:12:22 minutes | 2,91 GB | Genre: Soul
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © UNI – MOTOWN
An Evening with Diana Ross is a 1977 live double album released by American singer Diana Ross on the Motown label. It was recorded live at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles during the international tour of Ross’ one-woman show, for which she was awarded a special Tony Award after the show’s run at Broadway’s Palace Theater, followed by an Emmy-nominated TV special of the same name. The album reached #29 in the USA (#14 R&B). The album showcased her live performances for the second time as a solo performer, following 1974’s Live At Caesars Palace. It was the last live album Ross released until 1989’s Greatest Hits Live.
The album includes a number of songs unique to this collection that Ross never recorded as studio tracks. These include a number of songs from Harry Nilsson’s 1970 album and animated feature The Point!, selections from the Broadway hit musical A Chorus Line and covers of Dionne Warwick’s “Here I Am’ and longtime Motown collaborator Johnny Bristol’s “I Wouldn’t Change A Thing”.
This album was certified Silver in the UK for sales in excess of 60,000 copies.
1. Diana Ross – Overture (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)
2. Diana Ross – Here I Am (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)
3. Diana Ross – I Wouldn’t Change A Thing (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)
4. Diana Ross – The Lady Is A Tramp (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)
5. Diana Ross – Touch Me In The Morning (Live At The Ahmanson Theater/1976)
6. Diana Ross – Smile / Send In The Clowns (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)
7. Diana Ross – Love Hangover (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)
8. Diana Ross – Girls (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)
9. Diana Ross – The Point: Everybody’s Got ‘Em / Me And My Arrow / Lifeline / Everybody’s Got ‘Em (Reprise) (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)
10. Diana Ross – The Working Girls: Lady Sings The Blues/T’Ain’t Nobody’s Bizness If I Do/I Cried For You/Aux Iles Hawaii/Stormy Weather/I Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre/1976)
11. Diana Ross – My Man (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre/1976)
12. Diana Ross – The Motown Story: Motown Overture/Money (That’s What I Want)/Please Mr. Postman/Fingertips/I Want You Back/You Keep Me Hangin’ On/Baby Love/Someday We’ll Be Together (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre/1976)
13. Diana Ross – The Supremes: Stop! In The Name Of Love/You Can’t Hurry Love/Reflections/My World Is Empty Without You/I Hear A Symphony (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre/1976)
14. Diana Ross – Reach Out And Touch (Somebody’s Hand) (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre/1976)
15. Diana Ross – Medley: The Music In The Mirror/What I Did For Love/I Hope I Get It/Dance: Ten, Looks: 3 (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre/1976)
16. Diana Ross – Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You Going To) (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre/1976)
17. Diana Ross – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (Live At The Ahmanson Theatre, 1976)