Benny Goodman – Meeting at the Summit (1965/2015)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 50:12 minutes | 859 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © RCA – Sony Masterworks
For a kid who liked jazz, Chicago was a great town to grow up in. Musicians had begun working their way north from New Orleans about the turn of the century, and by the early 1920s giants like ‘Jellyroll’ Morton, Sidney Bechet, ‘King’ Oliver and Louis Armstrong were playing in Chicago and making history.
Kids who paid attention to this development were going to make history themselves in a few more years – Bud Freeman, Davie Tough, Eddie Condon, Milt Mesirow (Mezz Mezzrow), Gene Krupa, ‘Muggsy’ Spanier, Jimmy McPartland, Jess Stacy – and a kid in short pants who played the clarinet.
1. Leonard Bernstein – Prelude, Fugue and Riffs
2. Aaron Copland – Concerto for Clarinet and String Orchestra (with Harp and Piano)
3. Benny Goodman – I. Allegro moderato
4. Benny Goodman – II. Andante
5. Benny Goodman – III. Moderato – Con moto
6. Morton Gould – I. Warm-up
7. Morton Gould – II. Contrapuntal Blues
8. Morton Gould – III. Rag
9. Morton Gould – IV. Ride-Out