Valentina Nafornita, Münchner Rundfunkorchester & Keri-Lynn Wilson – Romance (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 57:10 minutes | 0,98 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © OMF
Very appropriately, Valentina Naforniţă devotes half of her debut album released on Outhere to the composer who makes the highest vocal demands, with his incomparable dramatic complexity and inspired musical invention. Ever since she sang her first Papagena as a new ensemble member of the Vienna State Opera in the autumn of 2011, she has repeatedly enjoyed enormous success performing Mozart’s great female roles, which are so challenging in their diversity. The charismatic Moldovan soprano impresses with an astonishingly wide palette of expression and emotion. The second part of the CD is devoted to the Slavonic repertory. With her rich, bronze timbre, she is ideally suited to the tragic depth of expression of Dvořák’s ‘Song to the Moon’, with which she made her breakthrough at the BBC Cardiff Singer of the World Competition, and to Tchaikovsky, whose Iolanta she sang at the Opéra de Paris in May 2019. The recording ends with a song dedicated to Valentina by the Moldovan composer Eugen Doga, recounting the life story of this singer who has been known as ‘The Nightingale’ in her homeland since she was five years old.
01. Don Giovanni, K.527: Vedrai carino, se sei buonino
02. Le nozze de Figaro, K.492: Giunse alfin … Deh vieni non tardar
03. Idomeneo, K.366: Quando avran fine omai…Padre, germani, addio!
04. Idomeneo, K.366: Solitudini amiche…Zeffiretti lusinghieri
05. Zaide, K.344: Fuhe sanft, mein holdes Leben
06. Romance in C Minor, Op. 47/7
07. Rusalka, Op. 114: Měsíčku na nebi hlubokém
08. Jolanthe, Op. 69: Otchévo éto prézhde ne znála
09. Jolanthe, Op. 69: Prelude
10. Te știam numai din nume
11. Ochiul tău iubit