Teddy Wilson Trio – Revisits The Goodman Years (Remastered) (1982/2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 39:47 minutes | 767 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Storyville Records
ReMaster of this 1982 LP by American jazz pianist Teddy Wilson, described by critic Scott Yanow as “the definitive swing pianist”. Recorded alongside leading Danish bassist Jesper Lundgaard and US drummer Ed Thigpen.
Besides his reputation as “the definitive swing pianist”, Teddy Wilson is often remembered in terms of his collaborations. Having played on the records of names like Louis Armstrong, Lena Horne, Ella Fitzgerald and Benny Goodman, Wilson’s fingerprints are found on many of records that helped popularize and define swing in its glory years.
In 1980, Wilson revisited the songs he had performed with Benny Goodman in the 1930s, delivering material that he had clearly mastered at this point and which gave a special look into the talents and sentiments of Teddy Wilson that played a primary role in the swing era. Teddy Wilson Trio ‘Revisits the Goodman Years’ sees Teddy Wilson re-portray the Benny Goodman small-group repertoire that Wilson had played with Goodman many decades before this Copenhagen session in 1980. It is a return to material that had stood the test of time while Wilson had lived a long career since his time with Goodman himself.
1. Teddy Wilson Trio – S’Wonderful
2. Teddy Wilson Trio – Someday Sweetheart
3. Teddy Wilson Trio – Sheik of Araby
4. Teddy Wilson Trio – More Than You know
5. Teddy Wilson Trio – Nobody’s Sweetheart
6. Teddy Wilson Trio – Rose Room
7. Teddy Wilson Trio – China Boy
8. Teddy Wilson Trio – Sweet Sue
9. Teddy Wilson Trio – Moonglow
10. Teddy Wilson Trio – Exactly Like You
11. Teddy Wilson Trio – Sweet Loraine
12. Teddy Wilson Trio – Whispering