Miki Kekenj – Mein Utopia – Opus 2 (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/48 kHz | Time – 42:43 minutes | 504 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Sony Classical
The debut album of Producer, Violinist and composer MIKI Kekenj is a large-scale concept album between the epic orchestral sounds, hip-hop Beats and Rap featuring CURSE and the WDR radio orchestra.
With my Utopia, Miki kekenj proves that you can combine classical and hip hop, these two musical Genres that may not have anything to do with each other at first glance. With a musical force that only classical music is capable of and with a textual depth that only hip-hop makes possible,” writes hip-hop specialist and Journalist Jan Wehn.
MIKI Kekenj lives his very own utopia: as the first concertmaster with the Bergische Symphoniker, he has had a soft spot for classical music as a professional musician for years. But the Violinist and composer has another passion: HipHop, the production of Beats and rapping. Whoever needs a string arrangement for an official HipHop, Soul or Pop production in Germany will sooner or later come across Miki’s name. He has already staged artists such as Namika or Johannes Oerding, Curse, Aloe Blacc or Erykah Badu, Joy Denalane or Joris with string arrangements. My Utopia is conceived of classical music and its tonal language, but never loses focus on hip hop. Already the overture spring at the beginning of the album comes without Drums, but provides a musical basis for the Rap of MIKI and CURSE in their dynamics. Conceived as an instrumental concert for violin, Rap and orchestra, HipHop Songs peel from each of the movements with proper Drums. In the lyrics and compositions of Mein Utopia, MIKI contemplates the ideal image of a future age, but also the supposed hopelessness of this Alternative. He tells gruesome stories that keep themselves hidden between the lines of a lullaby over and over again and dares to look into a life without love as salvation. With a musical force to which only classical music is capable and with textual depth, as only hip-hop makes it possible.
I am often asked how I came to combine hip-hop and classical music, says MIKI. For me, this is quite easy to answer: I do what I do best. With his Takeover!Since then, he has regularly invited a wide variety of soul, hip-hop, Pop and Techno artists from CURSE to Joris to Joy Denalane, Max Mutzke, Marc Romboy and Moonbootica to the stage in order to reinterpret their discography in chamber music.
For “mein Utopia” he draws on his entire wealth of musical experience and creates a Gesamtkunstwerk between epic orchestral sounds, hip-hop Beats and Rap.
“With” my Utopia ” MIKI proves that you can bring classical and hip hop, these two musical Genres, which at first glance may have nothing to do with each other, together. With a musical force to which only classical music is capable and with textual depth, as only hip-hop makes it possible.”(Jan Wehn)
1. Miki Kekenj – Frühling: I. Adagio sostenuto – Un poco piú mosso, ma pesante
2. Miki Kekenj – Frühling: II. Feuer
3. Miki Kekenj – Frühling: III. Adagio, come prima
4. Miki Kekenj – Frühling: IV. Frühling
5. Miki Kekenj – My Utopia, Op. 2: I. Adagio – Tempo moderato
6. Miki Kekenj – My Utopia, Op. 2: II. Violinkadenz
7. Miki Kekenj – My Utopia, Op. 2: III. My Utopia
8. Miki Kekenj – My Utopia, Op. 2: IV. Adagio – Tempo moderato – Vivace
9. Miki Kekenj – Schlaflied: I. Andante
10. Miki Kekenj – Schlaflied: II. Schlaflied
11. Miki Kekenj – Schlaflied: III. Andante – Molto Adagio – Un poco piú Mosso
12. Miki Kekenj – Requiem für die Liebe: I. Allegretto energico
13. Miki Kekenj – Requiem für die Liebe: II. Allegro assai
14. Miki Kekenj – Requiem für die Liebe: III. Requiem für die Liebe
15. Miki Kekenj – Requiem für die Liebe: IV. Molto tranquillo – Molto allegro