Michael Giacchino – Incredibles 2 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (2018)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:14:49 minutes | 1,45 GB | Genre: Soundtrack
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Walt Disney Records
“Incredibles 2” is a 2018 American 3D computer-animated superhero film, produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures. Written and directed by Brad Bird, it is the sequel to 2004’s The Incredibles. The plot follows the Parr family as they attempt to put superheroes back in the spotlight while dealing with normal life, only to combat a new foe who seeks to turn the general public against all supers. While several of the characters and voices from the previous film return, the sequel includes new characters voiced by Bob Odenkirk, Catherine Keener, Sophia Bush and Bill Wise. Michael Giacchino returned to write the score.
Composer Michael Giacchino grew up fascinated with both movies and music, and he went on to an ideal career writing scores for a number of acclaimed films, television series, and video games. Giacchino was born in Riverside Township, New Jersey on October 10, 1967 and grew up in nearby Edgewater Park. As a child, he developed an interest in animation and began making stop-motion cartoons, but discovered his favorite part was selecting the music that would match the action. After high school, Giacchino received a degree in film production at New York’s School of Visual Arts, and then went on to study music at Lincoln Center’s Julliard School. Giacchino supported himself as a publicist for the New York offices of Universal Pictures and Disney, and after completing his studies, he relocated to Burbank, California, where he worked for Disney’s feature film publicity department. He moved on to Disney Interactive, assisting with production on video game projects as he continued to hone his craft in music.
After contributing music to several Disney games, he took a position with Dreamworks Interactive in 1997 and scored the video game The Lost World: Jurassic Park, released as a tie-in with the sci-fi blockbuster; the same year, he also scored a low-budget live-action thriller, Legal Deceit. Giacchino composed scores for a number of other video games, including the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty franchises, and in 2001, when producer J.J. Abrams was assembling his creative team for the television series Alias, he invited Giacchino to write music for the show, having been impressed with his video game work.
After working together successfully on Alias, Abrams hired Giacchino to compose music for the cult favorite series Lost, which earned him a Grammy Award for Outstanding Dramatic Score in 2005; Giacchino also wrote music for Abrams’ short-lived but critically acclaimed show Fringe. In 2004, Brad Bird invited Giacchino to write the music for the Pixar animated feature The Incredibles; it was the first of several projects he scored for Pixar, including Ratatouille, Cars 2, and Up, the latter of which earned him an Academy Award in 2010, as well as a Grammy Award for the film’s soundtrack album.
Since then, Giacchino has maintained a busy schedule scoring major projects such as Mission Impossible III, Cloverfield, Star Trek (2009), Let Me In, and Super 8. Giacchino also occasionally writes symphonic pieces, including “Camden 2000,” which was commissioned for Camden, New Jersey’s Haddonfield Symphony and debuted at a fundraising event for the non-profit Heart of Camden Housing Corporation. Giacchino also wrote new music to accompany the Space Mountain ride at Disney theme parks in the United States and Hong Kong.
He was involved with a number of high-profile film projects in 2015, which would prove to be a banner year for the composer. Reuniting with director Brad Bird and Pixar, he scored the animated film Inside Out, as well as Disney’s futuristic Tomorrowland and, biggest of all, the summer blockbuster Jurassic World. The following year, Giacchino returned with several more high-profile productions, including scores for Doctor Strange, Star Trek Beyond, and Zootopia.
Also in 2016, it was announced that he had replaced composer Alexandre Desplat on director Gareth Edwards’ highly anticipated Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The score was released alongside the movie in December 2016, and was commended for its fresh, innovative sound palette while incorporating favorite and revered elements of John Williams’ score for the previous Star Wars installments. In 2017, Giacchino supplied three more blockbuster scores with The War for the Planet of the Apes, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Disney/Pixar’s Coco. Another Disney/Pixar effort, Incredibles 2, arrived in 2018, along with his second outing with the dinosaurs on Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. ~ Mark Deming
01. Michael Giacchino – Episode 2
02. Michael Giacchino – A Tony Perspective
03. Michael Giacchino – Consider Yourselves Undermined!
04. Michael Giacchino – A Matter of Perception
05. Michael Giacchino – Diggin’ the New Digs
06. Michael Giacchino – This Ain’t My Super-Suit?
07. Michael Giacchino – Elastigirl Is Back
08. Michael Giacchino – Train of Taut
09. Michael Giacchino – Rocky vs. Jack-Jack
10. Michael Giacchino – Ambassador Ambush
11. Michael Giacchino – Hero Worship
12. Michael Giacchino – Searching for a Screenslaver
13. Michael Giacchino – Super Legal Again
14. Michael Giacchino – Renouncing the Renunciation
15. Michael Giacchino – World’s Worst Babysitters
16. Michael Giacchino – Helen of Ploy
17. Michael Giacchino – A Dash of Reality
18. Michael Giacchino – Hydrofoiled Again
19. Michael Giacchino – Jack Splat
20. Michael Giacchino – A Bridge Too Parr
21. Michael Giacchino – Together Forever and Deavor
22. Michael Giacchino – Elastigirl’s Got a Plane to Catch
23. Michael Giacchino – Looks Like I Picked the Wrong Week to Quit Oxygen
24. Michael Giacchino – Happily After-Deavor
25. Michael Giacchino – Out and a Bout
26. Michael Giacchino – Incredits 2
27. Michael Giacchino – Here Comes Elastigirl – Elastigirl’s Theme
28. Michael Giacchino – Chill or Be Chilled – Frozone’s Theme
29. Michael Giacchino – Pow! Pow! Pow! – Mr. Incredible’s Theme
30. Michael Giacchino – Devtechno!
31. Michael Giacchino – Chad Tonight Talk Show Theme
32. Michael Giacchino – Chad Tonight Newscast Bumper
33. DCappella – Here Comes Elastigirl – Elastigirl’s Theme (A Cappella)
34. DCappella – Chill or Be Chilled – Frozone’s Theme (A Cappella)
35. DCappella – Pow! Pow! Pow! – Mr. Incredible’s Theme (A Cappella)
36. DCappella – The Glory Days (A Cappella)