Lorenzo Gatto & Julien Libeer – Beethoven: Violin Concerto & Romances (2014)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 01:03:06 minutes | 589 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Booklet, Front Cover | © Zig-Zag Territoires
Lorenzo Gatto, a creative artist and an exceptional violinist (winner of several major international competitions), could have concentrated exclusively on his career as a soloist, but he has always been interested in exploring other, more experimental paths, as he does with Trilogy, formed with two violinist friends, a trio that goes beyond the bounds of classical music.
This recording of Beethoven’s Violin Concerto and Romances represents as it were a return to his roots. It also bears witness to his fruitful encounter with the Orchestre de Chambre Pelléas and its conductor, Benjamin Levy, and to their common desire to bring out the essence and the modernity of these masterpieces.
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
01. The Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43: Overture
02. Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 61: I. Allegro ma non troppo (Cadenzas by Fritz Kreisler)
03. Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 61: II. Larghetto (Cadenzas by Fritz Kreisler)
04. Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 61: III. Rondo. Allegro (Cadenzas by Fritz Kreisler)
05. Romance for Violin and Orchestra in G Major, Op. 40: Andante
06. Romance for Violin and Orchestra in F Major, Op. 50: Andante cantabile
Lorenzo Gatto, voilin
Orchestre de Chambre Pelléas
Benjamin Levy, conductor