Isao Tomita – Okhotsk Fantasy (2016)
Classical, Electronic | SACD ISO: DSD64 2.0, DST64 5.1 > 1-bit/2.8224 MHz | Artwork | 3.44 GB
Label: Nippon Colombia | Release Year: 2016
This hybrid SACD contains stereo and 4.1 multi-channel audio and I think it’s fantastic!
Many of us Tomita fans wondered why he put a mono recording of an old cartoon on the OKHOTSK FANTASY album, instead of doing a DAPHNIS AND CHLOE – ULTIMATE EDITION in discrete 4.1 channel Quadraphonic sound… Now it is clear, the OKHOTSK FANTASY album was his last. It was released in March 2016, and he passed away two months later. So he probably wasn’t able to finish it. Knowing this, we can wish that he had started putting his Quadraphonic albums on SACD sooner, but we can’t blame him for the last two SACDs, because he was 83 and 84 when he did them.
01. Okhotsk Fantasy 11:46
02. Pavane Pour Une Infante Défunte 07:16
03. Ma Mere L’Oye Suite: Pavane De La Belle Au Bois Dormant 01:55
04. Petite Poucet 03:52
05. Laideronette, Impératrice Des Pagodes 03:38
06. Les Entretiens De La Belle Et La Bête 06:00
07. Le Jardin Feerique 04:25
08. Symphonic Poem For Children ‘Night On The Milky Way Train’ 10:10
2-7 – Mother Goose Suite (Ma mère l’Oye – is a musical work by French composer Maurice Ravel)
1 & 8 – Tomita.