Guillaume Vincent – Black Liszt (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:12:55 minutes | 1,09 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © naïve classique
Having devoted his first recording to the Preludes of Rachmaninov, pianist Guillaume Vincent has returned to the sources – the roots of the modern piano style and his own roots as well.
In the early decades of the 19th Century Liszt broke free of the polyphonic approach inherited from the keyboard masters of the previous century, inaugurating the broken lines, suspensions of time and poetic harmonies of the piano as we know it today. Guillaume Vincent has chosen more rarely heard works from his prolific output, written shortly after the death in 1849 of Chopin, with whom Liszt had shared a deep friendship and mutual admiration.
The chiaroscuro pieces inspiring this programme can be seen as a homage of the poetic imagination made by one pianist composer to another.
01. Mazurka brillante, S. 221
02. 2 Polonaises, S. 223: No. 1 in C Minor, Polonaise mélancolique
03. Liebesträume, S. 541: No. 1 in A-Flat Major, Hohe Liebe
04. Liebesträume, S. 541: No. 2 in E-Flat Major, Seliger Tod
05. Liebesträume, S. 541: No. 3 in A-Flat Major, Oh Lieb, so lang du lieben kannst
06. 2 Polonaises, S. 223: No. 2 in E Major, Polonaise
07. Ballade No. 1 in D-Flat Major, S. 170
08. Berceuse in D-Flat Major, S. 174
09. Ballade No. 2 in B Minor, S. 171