Georges Pretre, Orchestra Filarmonica della Scala – Georges Prêtre – The Last Concert At La Scala (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/96 kHz | Time – 44:41 minutes | 858 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Universal Music Division Decca Records France
Georges Prêtre, one of the greatest conductors of our era, and the Teatro alla Scala in Milan were bound together by an amicable and artistic relationship of more than fifty years.
On February 22, 2016, the Maestro took his leave of his beloved La Scala with his final triumphant concert, conquering both audience and musicians with a programme of music from Beethoven, Verdi, Offenbach and Ravel.
“La Scala lost one of the Masters who left their mark on history,” commented the legendary theatre’s director, Alexander Pereira. “His unrivalled musicality, and his magic, aroused enthusiasm with each orchestra he worked with. Last February, at the end of the concert, the musicians from La Scala said that he was younger than them all.”
1. Egmont – Complete Incidental Music, Op.84 : Overture (Live in Milan, La Scala / Feb. 22, 2016) (10:20)
2. La forza del destino : Overture (Sinfonia) (Live in Milan, La Scala / Feb. 22, 2016) (8:45)
3. Les contes d’Hoffmann : Barcarolle (Orchestral version) (Live in Milan, La Scala / Feb. 22, 2016) (4:54)
4. Boléro, M.81 (Live in Milan, La Scala / Feb. 22, 2016) (17:23)
5. Orphée aux enfers : Can-can (Live in Milan, La Scala / Feb. 22, 2016) (3:22)