Eric Le Sage – Fauré: Nocturnes (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/88,2 kHz | Time – 01:11:59 minutes | 1,07 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Alpha
With their poetry, their passonate and intimate lyricism, their refined style that gradually reveals hidden depths, the thirteen Nocturnes of Gabriel Fauré are the most significant group of works in his oeuvre for solo piano.
Composed over a period of forty-six years (between 1875 and 1821), they bear witness to the composer’s remarkable stylistic evolution. From a form of expression rooted in romanticism, to an aesthetic fully aligned with 20th-century modernity, Fauré can be said to have shaped his musical personality like a sculptor. His Nocturnes are not all of equal importance, but as a whole their diversity and development offer a perfect panorama of his art.
Éric Le Sage, one of the French piano school’s main representatives, whose many recordings for Alpha include the complete chamber music of Fauré, here interprets the repertoire closest to his heart.
1. Nocturne No. 1 in E-Flat Minor, Op. 33/1
2. Nocturne No. 2 in B Major, Op. 33/2
3. Nocturne No. 3 in A-Flat Major, Op. 33/3
4. Nocturne No. 4 in E-Flat Major, Op. 36
5. Nocturne No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op. 37
6. Nocturne No. 6 in D-Flat Major, Op. 63
7. Nocturne No. 7 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 74
8. Nocturne No. 8 in D-Flat Major, Op. 84/8
9. Nocturne No. 9 in B Minor, Op. 97
10. Nocturne No. 10 in E Minor, Op. 99
11. Nocturne No. 11 in F-Sharp Minor, Op. 104/1
12. Nocturne No. 12 in E Minor, Op. 107
13. Nocturne No. 13 in B Minor, Op. 119
Eric Le Sage, piano