Didirri – Live at the Corner Hotel (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/48 kHz | Time – 36:41 minutes | 418 MB | Genre: Folk
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © UNIFIED
Live shows have the power to make or break a musician. When you’re on stage, there’s nowhere to hide. No recording booth, no do-overs, no editing your sound – it’s just raw, real and unfiltered music.
Some of the most amazing recorded artists fall short when it’s time to take the stage, while others flourish wondrously, giving a depth and dimension to their work that you just can’t capture in a studio. This is true of Melbourne’s Didirri, who brought nothing short of magic to his second show at The Corner Hotel on Sunday November 11.
After a sold-out Saturday night, this show was a lot more relaxed. The venue was still surprisingly packed for an end of weekend gig, but not in a way that felt manic or crowded. As with all of the shows on his tour so far, the night was opened by Merpire, a Sydney native who now resides in Melbourne. Synthy and sweet, Merpire’s music is dreamlike pop; quirky songs with haunting vocals.
1. Didirri – Bird Sounds (Live at the Corner Hotel)
2. Didirri – Blind You (Live at the Corner Hotel)
3. Didirri – Worth the Wait (Live at the Corner Hotel)
4. Didirri – Vincent (Live at the Corner Hotel)
5. Didirri – Formaldehyde (Live at the Corner Hotel)
6. Didirri – Introduction (Live at the Corner Hotel)
7. Didirri – Jude (Live at the Corner Hotel)
8. Didirri – I Can’t Get Last Night out of My Head (Live at the Corner Hotel)