Andrea Griminelli – Nessun Dorma (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 01:17:59 minutes | 1,38 GB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Universal Music Italia srL.
Andrea Griminelli’s sensitive interpretations and astonishing technique have earned accolades and awards from every corner of the musical world – including a Grammy, the Prix de Paris and an Italian Knighthood.
Legendary flutist Sir James Galway described him as “the greatest flute player who has come to the forefront of the musical scene for many years.”
Over a 34-year career as a soloist, Griminelli has performed at La Scala, Carnegie Hall and Suntory Hall, among many others in Europe, Asia and the Americas. His performances with leading conductors have included Georges Prêtre, Carl-Maria Giulini, Zubin Mehta, Sir Roger Norrington, Emmanuel Krivine, Yuri Bashmet, Sir Richard Bonynge, Jean-Pierre Rampal, Gennady Rozhdestvensky, James Levine and Jerzy Semkov, among others.
He has worked with the Royal Philharmonic, Berlin Symphony, Münchner Rundfunkorchester, London Philharmonic, l’Orchestre de Paris, New York Philharmonic, Orchestra Nazionale della RAI and the Los Angeles Philharmonic, to name a few.
In 1984, at 25, he was invited by Luciano Pavarotti to perform in his famous concert at New York’s Madison Square Garden. This marked the start of a collaboration between the two artists that spanned 200 concerts, including performances at London’s Hyde Park, New York’s Central Park, the Eiffel Tower in Paris and Red Square in Moscow.
In 1991 Griminelli received a knighthood from the President of the Italian Republic, and in 2003 he was made an Officer of Merit of the Italian Republic.
A champion of new work, he has given the world premieres of compositions for flute and orchestra by many composers, including Carlo Boccadoro, Fabrizio Festa, Ennio Morricone and Shigeaki Saegusa.
Griminelli began playing the flute at the age of 11. During his studies with Jean-Pierre Rampal at the Paris Conservatory, he won music competitions in Stresa and Alessandria, Italy. He was twice awarded the prestigious Prix de Paris.
A prolific recording artist, he has been featured as soloist on more than 30 discs, including recordings with the English Chamber Orchestra conducted by Jean-Pierre Rampal and Camerata Academica Salzburg led by Sir Roger Norrington.
His work on behalf of charitable causes has led to frequent collaborations with artists from popular culture, including Sir Elton John, James Taylor, Sting, Branford Marsalis and Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull.
01. Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia-Largo al factotum
02. Saint-Saëns: Samson et Dalila-Mon cœur s’ouvre à ta voix
03. Massenet: Thaïs-Méditation
04. Verdi: La traviata-Addio del passato
05. Mozart: Don Giovanni-Madamina il catalogo è questo
06. Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia-Una voce poco fa
07. Catalani: La Wally-Ebben? Ne andrò lontana
08. Puccini: Manon Lescaut-Donna non vidi mai
09. Mozart: Die Zauberflöte-Der Hölle Rache
10. Puccini: Gianni Schicchi-O mio babbino caro
11. Puccini: La bohème-Che gelida manina
12. Puccini: La bohème-Mi chiamano Mimì
13. Handel: Serse-Ombra mai fu
14. Rimsky-Korsakov: The Tale of Tsar Saltan-Flight of the Bumblebee
15. Massenet: Werther-Pourquoi me réveiller?
16. Handel: Rinaldo-Lascia ch’io pianga
17. Puccini: Turandot-Nessun dorma
18. Delibes: Lakmé-Duo des fleurs “Sous le dôme épais”
19. Mozart: Zaide-Ruhe Sanft
20. Mascagni: Cavalleria rusticana-Ave Maria