Alexander Sevastian – J.S. Bach: Famous Works (2017)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/48 kHz | Time – 52:12 minutes | 638 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Master, Official Digital Download | Source: Qobuz | Digital Booklet | © Analekta
Alexander Sevastian is one of the world’s greatest accordionists. At his visit to La Fête de la musique de Tremblant last month he was cheered repeatedly by an audience won over by his virtuosity, his exhilarating playing and his contagious enthusiasm. Today Analekta is proud to announce the appearance of his new album, J.S. Bach: Famous Works.
In presenting transcriptions for accordion of a number of Johann Sebastian Bach’s masterworks, the album allows us to rediscover and enjoy the music of that great master of the baroque period in a different light. The pieces chosen by accordionist Alexander Sevastian make up a selection in which a certain dramatic character prevails, one that permeates the Chaconne and such major works for organ as the Prelude and Fugue In A minor, the Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor and the renowned Toccata and Fugue in D minor.
The program, balanced by the lightness of the Badinerie from the Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B minor and by the more meditative atmosphere of the Air on a G String (from the Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major) as well as the chorale cantata in F minor Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, showcases both the profundity and virtuosity of the artist.
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
01. Prelude and Fugue in A Minor, BWV 543: I. Prelude
02. Prelude and Fugue in A Minor, BWV 543: II. Fugue
03. Partita for Violin in D Minor, BWV 1004: V. Chaconne
04. Chorale Prelude in F Minor, BWV 639: “Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ”
05. Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068: II. Air
06. Suite No. 2 in B Minor, BWV 1067: VII. Badinerie
07. Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565: I. Toccata
08. Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565: II. Fugue
09. Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor, BWV 582